Oct 23, 2015

Gus Kenworthy Gay Freeskier: Boyfriend? And Shirtless Hot Pics


Let's add Gus Kentworthy to our list of gay athletes. He came out a few days ago when he posted this message on his Facebook page:



I am gay.

Wow, it feels good to write those words. For most of my life, I’ve been afraid to embrace that truth about myself. Recently though, I’ve gotten to the point where the pain of holding onto the lie is greater than the fear of letting go, and I’m very proud to finally be letting my guard down.

My sexuality has been something I’ve struggled to come to terms with. I’ve known I was gay since I was a kid but growing up in a town of 2,000 people, a class of 48 kids and then turning pro as an athlete when I was 16, it just wasn’t something I wanted to accept. I pushed my feelings away in the hopes that it was a passing phase but the thought of being found out kept me up at night. I constantly felt anxious, depressed and even suicidal.

Looking back, it’s crazy to see how far I’ve come. For so much of my life I’ve dreaded the day that people would find out I was gay. Now, I couldn’t be more excited to tell you all the truth. Maybe you’ve suspected that truth about me all along, or maybe it comes as a complete shock to you. Either way, it’s important for me to be open and honest with you all. Y’all have supported me through a lot of my highs and lows and I hope you'll stay by my side as I make this transformation into the genuine me - the me that I’ve always really been. 
 ESPN Magazine also did a story on Gus' coming out. Here's our guy on the cover:


 Ain't he hawt, hawt, hawt?

Gus, for those of you who aren't into winter sports is a free skier who competes competes in slopestyle and also the halfpipe. During last year's Sochi Olympics he won the silver medal for men's freestyle skiing.

Check him out with his fellow Olympians and the great David Letterman.


Didn't we say that he is hawt, hawt, and hawt? You want more proof of his hawtness? Here are some shirtless pics we grabbed from his Instagram account (follow him @guskenworthy).


Oh my!


Does Gus Kenworthy have a boyfriend? We sure hope he does. And we sure hope he introduces the lucky guy to his fans. And that they go get gay-married in Texas to make Kim Davis' head explode.

Maybe his photographer friend Robin Macdonald is also his boyfriend? Here's the two and two of the puppies they adopted from Sochi:


Awww! How cuuutttteeeee!

Aside from his silver medal in the Sochi Olympics, Gus achievements as a freestyle skier includes the following: is is a three-time Association of Freeskiing Professionals (AFP) World Champion from 2011 to 2013, he is a bronze medalist at the 2013 Tignes XGames, and a two-time gold medalist at the 2011 Cardrona New Zealand Winter Games.

Here's Gus with one of his medals.